When it comes to preventing crypto, facility operators need to be proactive. In evaluating strategies to improve
the prevention measures in place at your facility, the CDC
recommends that you consider the following questions.
1. Do you have an adequate number of conveniently located
restrooms? Are they well-maintained; would you walk in
barefoot the way your patrons might?
2. Are you prepared if an outbreak occurs? Do you
have a response plan in place with staff members trained to
implement it if necessary?
3. Who might you partner with to help spread the healthy
4. What healthy swimming policies do you have in
place (i.e. regular bathroom breaks)? Is your staff
trained to enforce them?
5. How would you rate your water quality? Does it
meet or exceed all codes? Do you have a log detailing water
chemistry checks at regular intervals? Is supplemental disinfection
an option at your facility?