The Split Rock Resort & Golf Club is an all-inclusive resort situated on 125-acre Lake Harmony in the western edge of Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountain region. Open year-round, the resort includes a variety of accommodations and amenities to please a wide range of travelers.
Opened last year, H20oohh! Indoor Family Waterpark is a signature
addition to the Galleria and Sports Complex. The Ancient
Mayan-themed indoor waterpark is available to both overnight and
daily guests, and features attractions for all ages.
Signature amenities include the Komodo Dragon stationary surf
machine; Hurricane Cove, a 7,600-square-foot wave pool lagoon;
Jungle Falls, a multi-level play structure that includes firing
cannons, spouting geysers, squirting water toys, and the
centerpiece 500-gallon dumping bucket; multiple waterslides; two
110-square-foot hot tubs; and a 635-square-foot toddler play
Delivered on time and on budget, the owner and development team
worked together to plan and construct the facility. Several
features make H20oohh! Indoor Family Waterpark one of the most
unique and advanced indoor waterparks in the northeast United
States to date. Features such as natural light, live vegetation,
water-saving filtration, advanced sanitization systems and
state-of-the-art air handling systems.
In addition, the waterpark features Pennsylvania’s first
Texlon transparent roofing system. This advanced roofing fills the
facility with natural light, enabling the growth of live palm trees
and other tropical vegetation. It also provides year-round passive
heat gain from the sun, further reducing the energy demands of the
Topping off the design is the Mayan theme. Featured in every pool
and play area throughout the waterpark are elements including
custom carved rock and “temple stone” pool walls,
complemented by the themed play structure and specially created
NUTS & BOLTS
Size: 53,886 gross square feet (40,500 square feet wet area/13,386 square feet support/mechanical area)
Year opened: 2008
Cost: $21 million (includes waterpark enclosure and support areas)
Dream feature: Pennsylvania’s first TEXLON transparent roofing system.
- Dream Designer: Aquatic Development Group Inc.
- Owner: Vacation Charters Ltd.
- General Contractor: W. Jack Kalins Inc.
- Play Structure Vendor: SCS Interactive
- Structural Engineer: Engineering Ventures Inc.
- Waterslide Vendor: ProSlide Technology Inc.
- Access Ramps Stairs: Aquatic Development Group Inc.
- Chemical Control Systems: LMI and Chemtrol (chemical systems)
- Filters: Whitten/Aquatic Development Group Inc.
- Flooring: Whitten/Aquatic Development Group Inc.
- Gutters: Whitten/Aquatic Development Group Inc.
- Ladders & Grab Bars: Whitten/Aquatic Development Group Inc.
- Pumps: Marlow Pumps
- Transparent Roof/Wall System: Aquatic Development Group Inc.
- Sanitizations Systems: ETS (UV systems)
- Spray Park Features: Empex Water Toys; Water Odyssey; Playtime; Whitten/Aquatic Development Group Inc.
- Stationary Surf Equipment: Aquatic Development Group Inc.
- Surface: Aquatic Development Group Inc.
- Water Play Structures:SCS Interactive
- Waterslides: ProSlide Technology Inc.
- Wave Generation Equipment: Wavetek/Aquatic Development Group Inc.
View H20oohh! Indoor Family Waterpark in a larger map.