When it comes to preventing crypto, facility operators need to be proactive. In evaluating strategies to improve the prevention measures in place at your facility, the CDC recommends that you consider the following questions.
1. Do you have an adequate number of conveniently located restrooms? Are they well-maintained; would you walk in barefoot the way your patrons might?
2. Are you prepared if an outbreak occurs? Do you have a response plan in place with staff members trained to implement it if necessary?
3. Who might you partner with to help spread the healthy swimming message?
4. What healthy swimming policies do you have in place (i.e. regular bathroom breaks)? Is your staff trained to enforce them?
5. How would you rate your water quality? Does it meet or exceed all codes? Do you have a log detailing water chemistry checks at regular intervals? Is supplemental disinfection an option at your facility?