What does a modern aquatics facility need to succeed? Sue Nelson, aquatic program specialist at USA Swimming in Colorado Springs, Colo,. suggests the following five factors.
1. Top-notch aesthetics. The environment must be clean, up-to-date and visually attractive and colorful.
2. Safety first. Modern aquatics facilities should be designed with safety in mind. They should include wide, unobstructed (ADA-accessible) hallways and public areas, and clear visible signage, AEDs and first aid kits.
3. Superior staff. The best staff makes the best facility, so pay for training and in-services and emphasize customer service basics such as smiles and warm greetings.
4. Customer satisfaction. Your customers pay the bills; treat them as your most important commodity.
5. Goals. Understand and promote goal setting for everyone in the facility, staff and customers.