Regulation, scandal and a provocative lifeguard video rounded out the year’s top three news stories for Aquatics International readers. But wranglings over the ADA dominated headlines. Here’s a look at the full list.
1. ADA Ruling: No Sharing Portable Lifts
2. Former Olympic Coach Suspended in Sex Scandal
3. ‘Lifeguards Gone Wild’ Video Gets 14 Fired
4. Lifeguard Firing Sparks Ellis Apology, Surprise Announcement
5. Government Grants ADA Compliance Extension
6. DOJ OKs Portable Lifts, Relaxes Regs
7. Congress Takes Aim at ADA Pool Regs
8. Red Cross Cuts Swim Fees
9. More ADA Roadblocks Ahead
10.Will MAHC Kill Competitive Swimming?