New York was the first to implement specific codes for sprayparks, and now other state and local agencies are looking toward the Empire State as an example. Here?s a look at some of the requirements there. For a look at the full New York codes as written, click here.
All public sprayparks with recirculated water must include:
- UV water-treatment system
- Foot showers at the entry to the spraypad
- Clean, conveniently located restrooms with diaper-changing facilities
- Fencing to prevent access when the spraypark is not supervised.
Spraypark maintenance must:
- Be performed by ?qualified swimming pool water-treatment operator(s)? familiar with the equipment and able to uphold specific water quality standards
- Be recorded accurately in a daily logs.
All public sprayparks with recirculated water must be designed with:
- Automatic controls to maintain water level and regulate chemical feed
- Recirculation and treatment systems that operate 24 hours a day and meet specific flow and turnover rates calculated using specified mathematical formulas.