Back in March 2013, we were excited to announce the launch of our newly redesigned website. The goal was to create the best resource on the web for information exchange among aquatics professionals to run a safe, healthy, well-managed facility.
That goal remains the same, but in just three short years, we’ve outgrown our site.
So it’s my pleasure to announce that we’ve done it again. Welcome to our newly redesigned website — a sleeker, high-performance version of its former self. Its many improvements include:
• A more robust and engaging home page, designed to showcase the latest news and cutting-edge content relevant to the aquatics industry
• A new architecture to our site navigation, organizing our abundant content in a way that reflects the multifaceted nature of modern-day aquatics facilities
• A responsive web design that offers optimized viewing on computers, tablets and smartphones
• New online manufacturer and distributor directories
• An online calendar of industry events
• A faster, more efficient search engine to explore our archives
While I’m excited about all of the features above, I’m particularly keen to explain the first two.
You see, we’ve made some major changes to the way we display and organize our content online. First of all, we’ve devoted a prominent section of our home page to what’s called “Today’s Stories.” In it, you’ll find all the latest news stories in one convenient spot. The selection includes the 10 most recent articles, with the option to see the entire list by clicking “View All."
Another thing you’ll notice is the change to our navigation tabs at the top of the screen. Because news is conveniently on our home page, there’s no need for a separate news navigation tab. We took this opportunity to simplify our approach and came up with the following navigation tabs:
Facilities, with the subcategories of Waterparks + Resorts, Management/Operators, Maintenance, and Design;
Lifeguards, because well, lifeguards are awesome and they deserve their own category;
Awards, showcasing Best of Aquatics and Dream Designs programs
And finally, Products, which also houses our two new directories.
So come on in and explore our new website! Then be sure to drop me a line at email@example.com and let me know what you think.