Since March of this year, there have been four known pool electrocutions, two ending in death. On Easter, 43-year-old James Tramel died after rescuing his daughter from an electrified pool. The most recent took place this Labor Day weekend in North Carolina when 17-year-old lifeguard Rachel Anna Rosoff was electrocuted and drowned in the Heritage Point subdivision pool in North Raleigh.

In light of these recent events, we take a look at an in-depth article from sister publication Pool and Spa News in which Senior Editor Rebecca Robledo delves into the complex issue of pool electrocution. Read her insightful piece and following along as pool pros and electrical experts discuss whether high-voltage illumination should be banned from pools and spas, where problems exist, and what can be done to further safeguard aquatics facilities.

Read more >