From The Dallas Morning News:

A surf park in Waco has closed for testing after a New Jersey man died earlier this month from a rare brain infection caused by an amoeba.

The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is testing the water at BSR Cable Park, the Waco Tribune-Herald reported, and the park's Surf Resort has closed voluntarily as it awaits the results.

Fabrizio "Fab" Stabile, 29, of Ventnor, N.J., died Sept. 21 — five days after complaining of a severe, sudden headache. Doctors determined he had been infected by Naegleria fowleri — commonly known as the "brain-eating amoeba" — which has a fatality rate of 97 percent.

Read More