Aquatics International magazine is honoring 13 world-class aquatics facilities this November, in its 13th annual Best of Aquatics issue. Each year the contest celebrates outstanding facilities of all varieties— including government, nonprofit and privately owned operations.
This year’s winners are:
- Huntersville Family Fitness & Aquatics – Huntersville, N.C.
- Silliman Activity Center – Newark, Calif.
- Christiansburg Aquatic Center – Christiansburg,Va.
- New Holland Recreation Center – New Holland, Pa
- SwimWest Family Fitness Center – Madison. Wis.
- Salisbury University, Maggs Aquatic Facility – Salisbury, Md.
- HersheyPark – Hershey, Pa.
- NRH20 Family Water Park – North Richland Hills, Texas
- KeyLime Cove – Gurnee, Ill.
- Saint Francis Medical Center Fitness Plus – Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- Paradise Springs at the Gaylord Texan (shown) – Grapevine, Texas
- John Mark Stallings Accessible Playground – Hartselle, Ala.
Fairfax (Va.) County Park Authority was chosen for Best Overall Commitment to Aquatics, an award which recognizes organizations that operate more than one aquatics venue. All winners will be featured in a special Best of Aquatics supplement to the November/December issue of the magazine. All entries were judged by an independent panel of five industry experts. Judges considered factors including programming, promotional materials, aquatic amenities and community involvement.
“We received a large number of entries this year and the winners are the best of the best in the categories they represent,” said Gary Thill, Aquatics International editor. Categories include waterparks, family aquatic centers, fitness centers and hotel/resorts.
Published by Hanley Wood, Aquatics International is the only B-to-B publication exclusively serving the aquatics industry with a circulation of approximately 25,000.